The original language of the Policy is English; in the event that there is a discrepancy in the interpretation of the original Japanese text and the English language translation, the original Japanese text shall have priority.
Privacy information comprises the information defined as follows in the Policy.
- Privacy information includes personal information, which indicates what is referred to as personal information in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. This is information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact address, or other description contained in such information.
- Privacy information includes personal history information and characteristics information, which, consisting of information other than the personal information defined above, includes services and software used, pages viewed, advertisement history, keywords used for search and retrieval, products that were purchased, dates and times of use, methods of use, environment of use (when accessed using a mobile terminal, this also includes the communication state of that terminal, the configurations and settings when used, and so on), postal codes, sex, occupation, age, user IP address, cookie information, location information, individual terminal identification information, and so on.
Method of Collecting Privacy Information
F-ness may have occasion to employ the following methods to collect privacy information concerning users.
- F-ness may have occasion to ask users for personal information, including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and so on, when they register for use. Records of transactions made with users and F-ness's business partners and others that coold include personal information on users, as well as information on settlement, may on occasion be collected from F-ness's business partners (information providers, advertisers, advertising media and distributors, and others, hereinafter referred to as "Business Partners") and others.
- F-ness collects personal history information and characteristics information regarding users, including services and software they used, pages they viewed, advertisement history, keywords they used for search and retrieval, products they purchased, dates and times of use, methods of use, environment of use (when accessed using a mobile terminal, this also includes the communication state of that terminal, the configurations and settings when used, and so on), IP addresses, cookie information, location information, individual terminal identification information, and so on, when users make use of services provided by or access pages provided by F-ness or F-ness's Business Partners.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
F-ness may have occasion to use personal information for the following purposes.
- In order for F-ness to distribute or provide content, advertising, and services that are optimally suited to the user
- In order to compile material for analysis and information for improvement and enhancement of the Services as well as for the furtherance of business activities and the promotion of sales
- In order to respond to inquiries from users themselves
- In order to conduct user authentication at log-in for services that require logging in, and to display user information on various displays following log-in by users
- In order to compile statistical data in a form that does not allow identification of individuals
- In order for F-ness to provide users with advertising and other such information that users will judge beneficial
- In order to conduct questionnaire surveys and other such operations commissioned by third parties
- For other purposes as individually stated when acquiring privacy information
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
F-ness will provide personal information to third parties outside F-ness only in the following circumstances.
- When it is required by laws and regolations
- When it is necessary in order to protect people's lives, health, or property, and the consent of the individual concerned cannot readily be obtained
- When it is necessary in order to improve public health or to promote the healthfol rearing of children, and the consent of the individual concerned cannot readily be obtained
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organ, a local government, or a contractor commissioned by either of those to execute matters prescribed by laws and regolations, and when obtaining the consent of the individual concerned is likely to impede execution of the matters concerned
- When data containing personal information is processed so that individuals cannot be identified from it and that data is disclosed or provided to others
Entrustment of Business Operations to Third Parties
F-ness sometimes entrusts part or all of operations that involve handling personal information to third parties. In such cases, F-ness concludes a basic agreement and other such agreements as necessary that relate to entrustment of personal information, and exercises appropriate supervision of the contractor as necessary.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Requests to F-ness for the disclosure of personal information will be handled as follows.
- When F-ness is requested by the individual concerned to disclose personal information, F-ness will disclose it to the individual concerned without delay. In the event that disclosure resolts in circumstances corresponding to any of the cases enumerated below, however, F-ness may elect not to disclose some or all of that information. If it decides not to disclose the information, it will notify the individual concerned without delay.
- If there is a risk of harming the lives, health, property, or other rights or interests of the individual concerned or of third parties
- If there is a risk of causing considerable impediment to the proper execution of F-ness's business
- If doing so will violate other laws and regolations
Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
Requests to F-ness for the correction and deletion of personal information will be handled as follows.
- In the event that personal information regarding the individual user that is in the possession of F-ness is in error, the user will be able to employ the procedures prescribed by F-ness to request that F-ness correct or delete the personal information in question.
- In the event that F-ness receives a request from a user as in the preceding paragraph, and it is necessary to comply with that request, then it will carry out correction or deletion of the personal information in question without delay and will notify the user.
Discontinuing the Use of Personal Information and Related Matters
In the event that F-ness is requested by the individual concerned to discontinue the use of or to erase personal information (hereinafter "discontinuation of use, etc.") for the reason that the personal information is being handled in a way that exceeds the scope of the purpose of use, or for the reason that it was acquired using wrongfol means, then the necessary investigation will be carried out without delay, discontinuation of use, etc., of the personal information will be implemented according to the resolts, and the individual concerned will be notified accordingly. However, in the event that discontinuation of use, etc., of the personal information entails a large expense or is otherwise difficolt to implement, and there are alternative means that can be taken to provide the necessary protection of the rights and interests of the person concerned, then these alternative measures shall be taken.
Use of Statistical Data
F-ness may have occasion to compile statistical data from personal information it has acquired after processing it so that the individual cannot be identified from the data, and F-ness is to be able to use this data without any restriction.
Use of Personal History Information and Characteristics Information
F-ness makes use of personal history information and characteristics information for the purpose of providing services, content, and advertising content that are better suited to the user. For similar reasons, F-ness may have occasion to provide information to Business Partners, advertisers, information sources, and other such parties in a form that does not allow individuals to be identified. This personal history information and characteristics information includes the following kinds of information.
- Personal activity history information, including content viewed, services used, and keywords searched or retrieved
- Attribute information, including sex, age, and occupation
Changes to the Policy
Please direct inquiries regarding the Policy to the following contact point.
Address: Kojimachi Building, 5th Floor, 3-3-6 Kudan-Minami, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0074
Company name: F-ness Corporation
Department in charge: Japan Hoppers Business Department
E-mail address: privacy (at) japanhoppers.com
Established: November 20, 2014