The Terms & Conditions (hereinafter the "Terms”) prescribe the conditions for use of the website “Japan Hoppers” (hereinafter the "Website”) created and managed by Trans Orbit Co. Ltd. (hereinafter “Trans Orbit”). Users of the Website (hereinafter the "Users”) may use the Website provided that they agree with the Terms.
The original language of the Terms is Japanese; in the event that there is a discrepancy in the interpretation of the original Japanese text and the English language translation, the original Japanese text shall take priority.
About this Website
- Through this Website, Trans Orbit introduces to the Users tourist information about Japan in the form of articles and visual content.
- This Website is free. However, all costs incurred to access the Internet, which is necessary to use this website, shall be borne by the Users. Should this Website begin to charge a fee for usage, the Users will be contacted in advance.
- Information on this Website (including adding and cancellation of articles and services) may be removed without prior notice.
When using the Website, the Users shall not commit any of the following acts:
- Acts that violate or may violate the provisions of the Terms
- Acts that violate any law or public order and morality
- Acts related to any criminal behavior
- Acts that interfere with the operation of the Website
- Acts that destroy or interfere with the functioning of Trans Orbit’s server or network
- Acts that directly or indirectly benefit antisocial forces (organized crime groups) with regard to Trans Orbit’s services
- Acts that violate the interests or the intellectual property rights, image rights, privacy, honor, or other rights of Trans Orbit and/or other Users of the Website
- Other acts that are deemed by Trans Orbit to be inappropriate
In the event the violation of these items by the User caused damage to Trans Orbit, Trans Orbit reserves the right to claim compensation for the damage inflicted.
Discontinuation of the Website’s services
- In the case that Trans Orbit deems that any of the following reasons apply, all or part of the Website’s services may be discontinued or suspended without prior notification to the Users.
- Maintenance/inspection or updating of the computer systems used for the maintenance of the Website is being carried out
- The maintenance of the Website is difficult due to an event of Force Majeure such as an earthquake, lightning strike, fire, electricity blackout, or natural disaster
- Computers or telecommunication lines, etc. are disconnected due to an accident
- Other situations in which Trans Orbit determines that maintenance of the Website is difficult
Intellectual Property Rights
The content of the Website (text, pictures, videos, voice recordings, programs etc.) are the sole property of Trans Orbit and those deemed appropriate by Trans Orbit. Users shall use information on the Website (including information updated by other parties and sources, hereinafter “Published Information”) for personal use only. Users may not, without permission, replicate, transfer, lend, translate, modify, reproduce, retransmit (including public retransmission) any of the contents of the Website, in whole or in part. The contents shall not be used for transmission, distribution, publication or sales.
Warranties and Disclaimers
- Trans Orbit does not explicitly or implicitly guarantee that the Website is free of defects, either practically or legally (including defects related to safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, applicability to a specific purpose, or security; errors or bugs; or violation of rights). Users shall use the Website at their own discretion.
- Trans Orbit shall not be held responsible for damage or troubles caused by the third parties (including links to the Website).
- The websites run by the third parties (hereinafter, Third Party websites) may have links to this website. The Users may be taken to other websites via links on this Website; these Third Party websites are not run by Trans Orbit and therefore, shall not be subject to these Terms. User’s access of Third Party websites is under their own discretion and in accordance with the terms of the Third Party’s websites.
Setting up links
Websites that are randomly accessed by the Users may have hyperlinks leading to this Website. In such cases, Users shall be subject to the following provisions. Trans Orbit reserves the right to change the URL of this Website without prior notice to the Users.
- Users shall send prior notice to Trans Orbit and request permission to set up a link.
- A notice about new links on the Website shall be announced on Trans Orbit’s official website.
- Users shall not set up suspicious links that may cause damage to Trans Orbit or this Website.
- Users shall not set up links on the Website for personal benefit.
- Users shall not use links that may damage Trans Orbit’s intellectual property rights. If Users wish to use any of the content that constitutes Trans Orbit’s intellectual property rights, they shall apply for permission from Trans Orbit. Depending on the circumstances, a fee may be charged for using Trans Orbit’s content.
- Should Users receive a request from Trans Orbit to delete a link, they shall do so immediately.
Maintenance of Usage Environment
- In using the Website, the Users shall obtain the necessary personal computer, mobile communication equipment, software, and communication tools at their own expense and on their own responsibility.
- Users shall take the necessary security measures on their own responsibility to prevent their personal computer, mobile communication equipment, etc. from being infected by a computer virus or protect them from unauthorized access, etc.
Services Provided by Partner Companies
Trans Orbit shall enable the display of advertising by Trans Orbit or a third party in conjunction with the Website.
Change to the Terms
- When deemed necessary, Trans Orbit may change the Terms without prior notification to the Users.
- After amendment, the Terms shall be effective from the time they are placed on this website.
Notification and CommunicationsNotifications and communications between Trans Orbit and the Users shall be carried out in accordance with the methods prescribed by Trans Orbit.
- In interpreting the Terms, the governing laws shall be the laws of Japan.
- In the case that conflict should arise regarding the Services, exclusive jurisdiction by consent is held by the court with jurisdiction over the district where the head office of Trans Orbit is located.
Established: November 20, 2014
Revised: October 20, 2015